Friday, June 29, 2012

Sandy Koepke

Pinterest and Houzz are two of my favorite obsessions, as any of you that know me can surely attest. 
One of the first "finds" back when I started spending time on the sites was Sandy Koepke.  Her livable, eclectic designs are built around intimate, comfortable gathering spaces.  Outdoors lush succulents mass around dramatic fireplaces, vines drip off arbors, and ethnic textiles decorate cozy seating nooks.  
I was absolutely delighted when I came to work this morning and found an email from Sandy herself saying she is coming to visit us here at Tierra Del Lagarto in the near future -- all because she found us on Houzz after I started following her.  Yay!  I am so excited -- I honestly think she is a kindred spirit and I cannot wait to meet the woman behind such lovely work.   
 This is one of my all-time favorite shots -- the arbor, the lanterns, plants just exploding out of every corner -- love it all.

This Manhattan Beach patio built around a stucco fireplace is dramatic and fun.  The cascading succulents softens all the hard lines of the mantle and bench.  I would love to do something like this out by the pool.

 
This barbeque set up is ideal for the back of our house...  

An old jali window from India adds interest to a stucco wall in this outdoor kitchen.

Glorious agave tumbling down a tiered elevation. 

 All photos linked through to Sandy Koepke's great website - here it is again if you can't get the links to work - definitely check it out!
http://www.sandykoepkeinteriordesign.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment